OpenIDEO is an open innovation platform. Join our global community to solve big challenges for social good. Sign up, Login or Learn more
Show my name on the attendees list for events I am attending:
"aspiring global community builder"
On any given day, you can find me:
• co-founding an org to get Haitians access to life-changing products;
• volunteering for one of the nonprofits whose boards I sit on (youth leadership organization HOBY Rhode Island and West African green infrastructure charity Deeper Missions);
• consuming international/innovation stories on BBC, GOOD, & Upworthy;
• practicing Spanish and French vocabulary on Babbel;
• reading graphic novel fiction or charitable giving non-fiction;
• promoting one of the indie films I produced or acted in;
• < pouring over pictures of my '09 study abroad trip to Namibia;
• catching up with friends around the world; or
• searching for that next great career that will put me on the path to being a global community builder and social entrepreneur.
I have been privileged to have some phenomenal learning experiences in my 25 years, not least of which have been in professional development. I've raised funds via street canvassing for Children International, built resources for US teens to become global activists with Plan International USA, strengthened my progressive activism chops with New Leaders Council, built capacity for a small organization to address US poverty as an AmeriCorps VISTA, served as the inaugural director of a youth social entrepreneurship program, taught a Peace Education class to urban youth, made a short film with Namibian students with disabilities, and swept a good handful of sticky movie theatres.
I believe in peace, equality, compassion, hard work, creativity, and giving (time, money, a listening ear).