Paul - great thinking, which reflects the years of work and experience already put together at the National Home Funeral Alliance (NHFA) http://homefuneralalliance.org/ . Hate to see you re-invent the wheel. Would be great to help what's already in place - especially #5! As for Green Burials, same thing there http://greenburialcouncil.org/ . There is a solid national organization you may want to dig into - have you approached anyone there to join your team? Here's what's available today at the NHFA:
1. Great idea. You might take a look at NHFA in the News to see some examples of press coverage about home funerals. http://homefuneralalliance.org/our-work/our-press/
2. This exists. It includes directories to home funeral guides and others at http://homefuneralalliance.org/get-assistance/ It would be great if you find folks who are not on the directory get added.
3. On the National Home Funeral Alliance website, we have the following ways to outreach:
- Home Funeral and Green Burial Speakers' bureau http://homefuneralalliance.org/get-assistance/find-a-speaker/ - Regional Home Funeral Networks http://homefuneralalliance.org/get-assistance/regional-networks/ - Resources and presentations already written to reach out to your own community http://homefuneralalliance.org/resources/for-home-funeral-guides/press-and-presentations/
4. The National Home Funeral Alliance holds a bi-annual conference where folks attend to learn everything home funeral. Plus, -workshops and teachers around the country. You can find them here http://homefuneralalliance.org/get-assistance/find-training/ - upcoming events here http://homefuneralalliance.org/events/workshops/ - Monthly teleconferences to hear from those in the field http://homefuneralalliance.org/events/teleconferences/ - Listen to past teleconferences here http://homefuneralalliance.org/events/teleconferences/listen-to-past-teleconferences/ - Monthly newsletter to highlight top home funeral news to our members (membership is free) http://homefuneralalliance.org/resources/newsletters/ - A lively and engaged Facebook page with over 2,000 members https://www.facebook.com/National-Home-Funeral-Alliance-386024053614/
5. Would love help with this. We've had a dream of being on 60 Minutes! :) What media wants is to be able to attend a 'real' home funeral, as it is happening. This is harder than it sounds, as most folks want their privacy.
This is a fantastic story about home funerals. I am on the board of the National Home Funeral Alliance. Our website lists any and everything someone would need to know to have a home funeral for a loved one. Which, by the way, is legal in all states (with restrictions in 10). Thank you for sharing. www.homefuneralalliance.org