There could be multiple reasons why you can't log into the OpenIDEO platform. Here are a few of the most common issues.
ARE YOU TRYING TO LOG IN WITH YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD?
Please try these quick tips if you can’t log in using your email and password:
- Check Your Email: You might have used a different email address to create your OpenIDEO account. Please make sure you’re logging in with the same email address that you had originally used to sign up for OpenIDEO.
- Use Social Login: There’s a chance you might have used Facebook or Google authentication to sign up for your OpenIDEO account, which means you had never created a login password. Please try logging in with Facebook or Google on the login page.
- Reset Your Password: If you can’t remember your password, please try resetting your password here. We will send you an email to confirm your password change.
- Contact Us: If you still can’t log in with these tips, please reach out to us at email@example.com for help.
Are you trying to log in via your Facebook account?
There are a few reasons why you may be unable to authenticate when using your Facebook account:
- Your Facebook account might not have an email address configured with it. Email is optional in Facebook, but we require an email address.
2. If you have configured an email address in your Facebook account, it may not be configured to be shared with OpenIDEO.
Try these steps to resolve the issue:
1. Check to see if you have an email address configured in your Facebook profile. If not, add an email address to your profile, then try signing into OpenIDEO again.
2. If you have an email address configured, then check whether it's being shared with OpenIDEO using the following procedure:
3. Go to the Facebook Settings page (https://www.facebook.com/settings).
4. In the left navigation pane, click Apps.
5. A section captioned "Logged in with Facebook" should appear containing one or more application icons on the right-hand side, including the OpenIDEO site; click the OpenIDEO pencil icon.
6. A page with application settings should appear. Check whether the "INFO YOU PROVIDE TO THIS APP" section contains the email address or not.
7. If the email address is not displayed, then remove the OpenIDEO app from the account on the "Logged in with Facebook" page.
8. Go to the OpenIDEO sign up page and click "Log in with Facebook". A window should appear.
9. Click "Edit this" and check that the email address item is turned on.
10. Click the "Continue" button.
11. If this doesn't immediately resolve the issue, close and restart your browser, then try logging out of your Facebook account and then back in, then authenticating once more with OpenIDEO.