There could be multiple reasons why you can't log into the OpenIDEO platform, as we support a number of different authentication mechanisms. Here are a few of the most common issues:
Are you trying to log in via your Facebook account?
There are a few reasons why you may be unable to authenticate when using your Facebook account:
- Your Facebook account might not have an email address configured with it. Email is optional in Facebook, but we require an email address.
2. If you have configured an email address in your Facebook account, it may not be configured to be shared with OpenIDEO.
Try these steps to resolve the issue:
1. Check to see if you have an email address configured in your Facebook profile. If not, add an email address to your profile, then try signing into OpenIDEO again.
2. If you have an email address configured, then check whether it's being shared with OpenIDEO using the following procedure:
3. Go to the Facebook Settings page (https://www.facebook.com/settings).
4. In the left navigation pane, click Apps.
5. A section captioned "Logged in with Facebook" should appear containing one or more application icons on the right-hand side, including the OpenIDEO site; click the OpenIDEO pencil icon.
6. A page with application settings should appear. Check whether the "INFO YOU PROVIDE TO THIS APP" section contains the email address or not.
7. If the email address is not displayed, then remove the OpenIDEO app from the account on the "Logged in with Facebook" page.
8. Go to the OpenIDEO sign up page and click "Log in with Facebook". A window should appear.
9. Click "Edit this" and check that the email address item is turned on.
10. Click the "Continue" button.
11. If this doesn't immediately resolve the issue, close and restart your browser, then try logging out of your Facebook account and then back in, then authenticating once more with OpenIDEO.
Are you trying to log in via your OPENIDEO account?
Your OpenIDEO account might not have any email address configured. We require an email address to authenticate correctly.
Please do the following:
- Check to see if an email address is configured in your OpenIDEO profile.
- If it's not, please contact email@example.com and tell us the email address you would like to use. We'll set it up in your OpenIDEO profile.