- 4 hours/week during the Renewable Energy Challenge, which launched on 11/4 and runs through February 17th. Position will begin on 11/18.
- Support the OpenIDEO team in identifying emerging themes from our Research and Ideas phases and select ideas for our Refinement shortlist.
- Help our community find connections between ideas to make them stronger.
- Encourage transformation from research and ideas to impact.
- Write blog posts for the OpenIDEO blog on posts, surprises, and summaries.
- Enthusiastic about storytelling for impact.
- A strong writer who can convey ideas in a succinct and engaging way.
- Experienced at using OpenIDEO and know your way around our awesome community and the platform features which support them.
- Tuned into what drives engagement and impact.
- 2 hrs/week participating on the platform during the Renewable Energy Challenge, which launched on 11/4 and runs through February 10th, and additional hours to create deliverables.
This person will pull content from the challenge such as especially unique communities which surface during the research phase, highlight reels of emerging themes, or an especially intriguing idea and create bite size videos for the OpenIDEO community and beyond. We realize the footage limitations inherent in pulling content from a digital platform, and encourage our Videographers to get creative with their communication.
- Keep up with contributions in order to stay up to date with content from the community.
- Identify users and contributions that are especially meaningful and collaborative.
- Create videos that capture community experiences and insights. We’re looking for at least one during the Research phase and one during the Ideas phase. Anything beyond that is a bonus!
- Identify platforms or media channels that may be interested in posting your creation.
- A creator of videos who can highlight some of your best clips and is eager to put your skills to the test.
- Constantly seeking new content to translate into videos.
- Well connected, or excited about forming connections, to platforms interested in posting climate change, renewable energy, or impact videos.
- 4 hours/week during the Renewable Energy Challenge Research phase, which launched on 11/4 and ends on 12/10.
Responsibilities:This person will identify extreme users, reach out to them, and have conversations around how they might engage with the Challenge. Extreme users are individuals who are extremely familiar completely unfamiliar with renewable energy. These individuals are often able to highlight key issues of the challenge and provide insights for solutions.
Extreme renewable energy users include those who:
- Live in 100% renewable communities
- Are completely unfamiliar with why a transition to renewable energy is necessary
- Are spearheading a renewable transition in a very remote corner of the world
- Enthusiastic about explaining OpenIDEO and human-centered design.
- Skilled at chatting with strangers and investing them in why their experience is important for meaningful solutions.
- Creative about engagement strategies and eager to create methods for bringing diverse perspectives to the table.