Thanks for your interest in taking on a leadership role with OpenIDEO’s Financial Empowerment Challenge. Learn more about the positions and skills we're looking for below. We can't wait for these community leaders to dive into the challenge, so we ask that you apply by 7am PST on March 13th – just a couple of days away!
- 4 hours/week during the Financial Empowerment Challenge, which launched on 3/4 and runs through June 9th. Position will begin on 3/16.
- Support the OpenIDEO team in identifying emerging themes from our Research and Ideas phases and recommend ideas for our Refinement shortlist.
- Help our community find connections between ideas to make them stronger.
- Encourage transformation from research and ideas to impact.
- Optional: write one blog post for the OpenIDEO blog on interesting conversations and collaborations.
- Enthusiastic about storytelling for impact.
- A strong writer who can convey ideas in a succinct and engaging way.
- Experienced at using OpenIDEO and know your way around our awesome community and the platform features that support them.
- Tuned into what drives engagement and impact.
- 2 hours/week participating on the platform during the CO-OP Financial Empowerment Challenge, which launched on 3/4 and runs through June 9th plus additional hours to create deliverables.
This person will pull content from the challenge such as especially unique conversations that surface during the Research phase, highlight reels of emerging themes, or an especially intriguing idea, and create bite-sized videos for the OpenIDEO community and beyond. We realize the footage limitations inherent in pulling content from a digital platform, and encourage our Videographers to get creative with their communication.
- Keep up with contributions in order to stay up to date with content from the community.
- Identify users and contributions that are especially meaningful and collaborative.
- Create videos that capture community experiences and insights. We’re looking for at least one during the Research phase and one during the Ideas phase.
- Anything beyond that is a bonus!Identify platforms or media channels that may be interested in posting your creation.
- A creator of videos who can highlight some of your best clips and is eager to put your skills to the test.
- Constantly seeking new content to translate into videos.
- Well connected, or excited about forming connections to platforms interested in posting about financial education, the inherent power of communities, or impact videos.