Community Prototypers make the biggest impact by leveraging their design expertise to help innovators take their ideas to action. Their skillset is critical to our work because they guide the rapid prototyping process for Refinement Phase teams, while receiving ongoing mentorship from the OpenIDEO Team. As a Community Prototyper, you will join a global Community Prototyper Cohort of designers and experts across disciplines, industries, and crafts to share learnings and receive support. We count on Community Prototypers to guide deep Refinement Phase collaboration while providing support and thought partnership through rapid prototyping, iteration, and feedback.
Relevant experience and mindset:
- A strong visual communicator either through sketch or other graphic mediums
- Someone who has working experience of human-centered design from ideation through user testing
- Comfortable with scrappy, rapid prototyping and navigating ambiguity
- Passionate about collaborating, and supporting members of OpenIDEO's global community
- Enthusiasm to step into a facilitation role to support the evolution of both an idea and a team
- 4-6 hours/week during the 4-6 Week Refinement Phase of an Active Challenge
As a Community Prototyper you will:
- Be paired with a shortlisted idea in the Refinement Phase to prototype
- Work closely with the OpenIDEO shortlisted participant to create key assets and offer support during the user feedback process
- Optional: We’d be happy to collaborate with you on a blog post highlighting the process
Apply for to be a Community Prototyper for a specific OpenIDEO Challenge or for general consideration for all future Challenges HERE.