How do I win?
There are two stages to Amplify’s evaluation process. Ideas that meet our basic eligibility criteria have the opportunity to proceed to our a shortlist. To selecting our winning ideas, we’ll dig a little deeper and consider the quality of the idea, and whether it is a new and desirable approach.
- Are new or in early stages but related to the core competencies of your organization or group.
- Are submitted by organizations or groups that have worked in their sector for at least one year.
- Are submitted by organizations or groups who have at least one year of experience working in the country the idea is to be implemented in.
- Will be implemented in one or more of the 32 eligible countries listed on the Amplify website.
- Will be implemented by an organization, company, or team that is registered in some way in at least one implementation country.
- Clearly articulate an answer to the challenge question.
- Address a problem that is pressing and real by articulating the gap this idea is filling.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of intended beneficiaries.
- Take a new approach to a problem, or use an existing approach in a new way.
- Have improved in response to feedback.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the context of proposed solution.
- Are considered desirable by experts in the sector.
- Would benefit from the level of funding and design support offered.
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, India, Iraq, Ghana, Jordan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
What will I win?
- At least five winning ideas will receive:
- Training on the theory and practice of human-centered design alongside the winning cohort at a Design Bootcamp.
- $10,000 USD to begin prototyping (test) their ideas for 3 months.
- A share of $500,000 in additional funding, typically between 50,000-100,000USD.
- 18 months of technical assistance / design support from IDEO.org designers.