We understand that there are aspects of the Amplify Challenge process that may present accessibility challenges for some people and have worked to improve inclusiveness of the opportunity in a number of ways, including:
- We have and will continue to include captions on each image on web pages for this Challenge.
- We have provided access to both a PDF and Microsoft Word version of the entire Challenge Brief and related materials.
- Later in the Challenge, we will host office hours for contributors which will welcome participation via video or chat. Afterwards, we'll provide the closed-captioned video to the community.
- When linking to another OpenIDEO page, we have been descriptive in the linked words for increased usability with screen readers. Links to pages within OpenIDEO will open in the same tab.
- When linking to a website outside of OpenIDEO, we have included in our description what website that you will be guided to. Links to pages outside of OpenIDEO will open in a new tab.
- We strongly encourage all participants to keep accessibility of their idea in mind. If you include images, please include a caption. If you include a video, please include subtitles, if possible. Free tools and resources are available such as YouTube’s guidance, Amara, and dotsub.
- For information about accessibility of OpenIDEO in general, check out this Accessibility page.
If you have questions or feedback about accessibility, need assistance understanding the Challenge process, or posting your idea to the platform, feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com.
If you would like to download a complete copy of this Challenge Brief, please use the following links: