Building on the collective global momentum we’ve gained for our Accelerate program through local events like #COPisHere, OpenIDEO is hosting a new event series called “Accelerate Local” (#AccelerateLocal).
Join in by hosting or participating in an #AccelerateLocal event throughout the month of June. We will be building on the momentum of OSCE Days (Open Source Circular Economy), a global event series to develop a sustainable circular economy through open source collaboration. (For reference, OSCE Days are June 9–13 so if you can join in those days, please do!)
EVENT PLANNING TOOLKIT
View the Event Planner's Toolkit to help guide you before, during, and after the event!
CURRENT EVENTS PLANNED INCLUDE:
In addition, see if your city is listed here in the OSCE Days site, with many cities around the world already hosting events. Sign up to Host or Participate in an event Here, and see further information below!
PLANNING AN EVENT
In the spirit of OpenIDEO and OSCE, we encourage you to consider hosting a day or weekend Hack-A-Thon event where your community can dedicate time to design and build solutions to a climate-related challenge. However, #AccelerateLocal events can take any form––from a conversation with friends to a Meetup with your community.
In the coming days, we will provide more information, including challenge topic areas for you to focus on. A few samples include:
- Supporting a local Climate Innovator in your city
- Supporting our Climate Fellows by taking on a challenge of theirs
- Using the power of design to create a more circular economy
- Designing a zero-waste Food System in preparation for our upcoming Food Waste Challenge
Interested in hosting an #AccelerateLocal event? Great! Here's how:
- Complete this form (above) to tell us about your event and we will include it in our list.
- Use Facebook or Eventbrite to set up an event page and allow guests to register. (We've included sample text below!)
- Choose a date for the event (any day in June. June 9–13 is recommended)
- Find a venue for the event
- Spread the word! Get people in your community involved and engaged
Sample Schedule of Events
Friday, June 10th
- 6:00-6:30pm Happy Hour kickoff & Networking Hour
- 6:30-7:00pm Inform: Guest Speaker on Open Source
- 7:10-7:40pm Inform: Guest Speaker on Circular Economy
- 7:40-8:30pm Inspire: Circular Economy Project Exhibition
Saturday, June 11th
- 9:15-10:00am Check-in and Breakfast
- 10:00-11:00am Inspire: Learn about the Project Challenges
- 11:00-11:30am Team Formation & Ice Breakers
- 11:30am-12:30pm Lunch
- 12:30-3:30pm Act: Brainstorming and Prototyping Session -- Use HCD Process to tackle identified issue areas
- 3:30-4:00pm Presentations of Projects, both Local and Global
Sample text for event organizers:
As part of OpenIDEO's Accelerate program, join us for #AccelerateLocal – a unique event series to support climate innovation around the world. As people around the world join together for OSCE Days (Hack-A-Thons for the Circular Economy), OpenIDEO community members around the world will host Accelerate Local events to support climate innovation. Follow us on social media @OpenIDEO #AccelerateLocal