Vermont's Early Childhood Framework: The Vermont Early Childhood Framework represents Vermont's commitment to ensure that the state's children grow up to be happy, healthy, and ready for a lifetime of learning.
The state of Vermont is taking steps to strengthen the early childhood system. Here are the 6 goals of the framework:
1) All children have a healthy start.
2) Families and communities play a leading role in children's well-being.
3) All children and families have access to high-quality opportunities that meet their needs.
4) Vermont invests in prevention and plans for the future success of children.
5) Data and accountability drive progress in early childhood outcomes.
6) The early childhood system is innovative and integrated across sectors in order to better serve children and families.
The Vermont Early Childhood Framework goals focus on quality, prevention, accountability and family. Vermont is taking a systematic approach to ensure that these goals are being met throughout the state. The approach in meeting these goals includes anyalsis of exitsting systems and resources, and most importantly collaboration. It is exciting to see the state of Vermont unifying to support our youngest population.