- How can this idea be improved?
- What's the wide spread potential?
South Africa’s expectant and new moms can currently benefit from MAMA in one of four ways:
- Vodacom customers can access MAMA mobi content from Vodafone Live!, under “More Menu’s” and “Health and Lifestyle”, or simply go to live.vodafone.com/mama (Free to Vodacom customers)
- NonVodacom customers can access the MAMA mobi content by visiting www.askmama.mobi from their Internetenabled mobile phone. (Normal data charges apply)
- Expectant and new mothers can access a weekly, informational quiz, also linked to the stage of pregnancy an expectant mother is at or the age of her baby. Dial *120*2112# to register, and redial the same number every “MAMA Monday” for the weekly quiz (cost 20c per 20 seconds)
- Prospective mothers can also access MAMA on MXit, by going to Mxit, and then to Discover Mxit Apps & Games Apps by Category Health & Advice MAMA.
The MAMA SMS channel has supported over 12,000 mothers from the greater Johannesburg region, but has now merged with the new National Department of Health’s maternal health programme, MomConnect. This programme officially launches on 21 August 2014 and will support an estimated 1 million pregnant women in South Africa, each year.
MAMA’s impact on the lives of South African moms is expressed best by a MAMA user: “his MAMA is giving us (information about) nutritious diet (and about) which veg or fruit to take during pregnancy time or trying time, so follow it.”- See more at: http://www.askmama.co.za/mama-sa-welcomes-users.html#sthash.8QmIArQY.dpuf
Learn more here: http://www.askmama.co.za/learn_more.html