A Micro-Garden that provides nutrition and economic opportunity and scales because it is virtually free
This micro-garden one has some additional advantages over some others:
- it's almost free to construct from the refuse stream; so scales really well
- it produces a fresh crop every 7 days or so
- it needs only ambient light, rather than direct sunlight
- easily moved to avoid theft issues
- crops are easily tailored to tastes of local markets
- fun, easy, low-maintenance
- there's no dirt required; no fertilizer needed either
- super flavorful and nutritious
Doing something bigger than myself and creating value for others inspires me. Plus, I really love microgreens - so definitely a win-win :-)
Scalable Microgreen Garden provides nutritious food and economic opportunity
I love that it's easy and fun, and overcomes many people concerns about having a "brown thunb". Super satisfying because you get fast results.
Awesome because you don't need dirt or costly fertilizers. A much more sustainable and feasible approach to getting vital micro-nutrients into kids brains when they are the grower and consumer.