Establish and facilitate early childhood development centers in business areas
Poor parents in urban areas in Uganda lack affordable and quality day care centers for early childhood development. Supporting their children by establishing early child hood development centers targeting infants and children below 5 years is very helpful. These centers should be well equipped with play materials and enough guides to guide children. In addition, these centers should be availed with balanced diet feeds for infants and children.
1.Talk to parents in marte places about the idea and sensetize them on 2. benefits of early child development
Example of a child in a good care center with a play area
3. Together with key stakeholders, we would discuss with authorities in charge of markets for provision of space to establish centers for early child development.
4. Establishment of centers
5. Set a committee to recruit personnel to work as guides or instructors in centers and also recruit chefs
6. Mobilize parents operating in markets to bring their children to the centers
7. Monitor the operationalization of centers and conduct evaluations for improvement
Who will benefit from this idea and where are they located?
1. Children belonging to the parents who work in markets
2. Parents of the children attending early childhood development centers
3. Uganda as a nation that will have well groomed and guided citizens
4. I, as the Principle implementer for my idea to have yielded positive results
5. The donor whose aim of funding, and in this case in providing early child development, will have been achieved
How could you test this idea in a quick and low-cost way right now?
By finding out the number of parents operating in the urban markets with children below 5 years and cannot access early childhood development centers
What kind of help would you need to make your idea real?
Financial support and buy in by the Kampala city authority
Is this an idea that you or your organization would like to take forward?
Yes. I am ready and interested in testing this idea and making it real in my community.