This idea is in respond to the HMW inspire and engage young people to support older adults through mentorship. For some time I used to do PTMBD interviews with local business leaders, but after reading this challenge I think I can do better. I blog at www.khairul-anwar.com
The main idea is to engage the older adults and inspire the youth. These two groups are oblivious of the other and carry loads of baggage. One side think they have been there done that and another side think you know nothing I know all. :) Both are right in their own rights.
I'll gather several older adults and youth group. The older adults will be asked to show their Youth picture + activities, Career + achievements and What Now.
How would you describe your idea in one sentence?
Free Up Knowledge through powerful conversations between older adults and youth.
It is an idea stage. I need to work out some visuals and call up some friends to roll this out ASAP.
How It Will Work?
1. I posted the design challenge on my FB #FreeUp. Waiting to see some responds.
2. Making some calls to ask around friends to help me with this.
3. Connect with some older adults and youth to sit around and #FreeUP
For the community, appreciate if you can let me know your experiences with this idea. I am quite sure it has been done somewhere.
What early, lightweight experiment can you try out in your own community to test any assumptions you might have about your idea?
1. I just holler the design challenge on my FB #FreeUP.
2. In the meantime, I am interested to see how my FB friends respond to the challenge.
What aspects of your idea could benefit from the input, skills or know-how of our OpenIDEO community?
1. I'd be happy if the community could share out their learning experiences with similar ideas that I have.
2. I am truly inspired by the idea by Christine Valerio , superb! :)