Youth Leadership Initiative
Connecting youth to agricultural opportunities through mentoring and igniting their energy and networking
EXPLAIN YOUR IDEA
This Initiative offers several pathways for steady employment and entrepreneurship. We would like to focus on underprivileged youth residing in urban and rural areas to create for them opportunities to grow into a productive generation
Objective: To boost job creations among youth through innovations and gaining employable skills
1. To develop young peoples skills to tap into existing opportunities for business start ups and career aspirations
2. To out reach rural youth with exposure to innovation techniques to become more competitive
3. To link youth to markets, jobs and other initiatives
1. Exchange meet ups with successful youth entrepreneurs, learning event and mini workshops to contribute to developed ideas, Job interview/presentation and CV writing, face to face mentoring/coaching sessions
2. Community based capacity building sessions, Networking events with urban and rural youth, ignite talks
4. Support for /promotion of youth-led initiatives
6. Raise the level of awareness among the youth on available opportunities.
7. Provide training to a selected group of youth in basic human rights, as well as conflict management and negotiation, leadership and communication skills.
8. Encourage youth to participation in the sociopolitical process.
9. Promote youth volunteerism for career growth.
Rural and urban youth between the age of 18-35 years, I will create a networks where they learn new skills and share knowledge.
Youth working on farm
TELL US MORE ABOUT YOU
Iam an individual working with youths already and partnering with a farmer organization (NUCAFE) in the coffee sector (Already developed an intern network of previous interns at NUCAFE and in contact with several in farmer groups. Currently Iam working for UTZ as the country representative Uganda.
WHERE WILL YOUR IDEA BE IMPLEMENTED?
EXPERIENCE IN IMPLEMENTATION COUNTRY(IES)
Yes, for more than one year.
EXPERTISE IN SECTOR
I’ve worked in a sector related to my idea for over a year