Project back to the land is being proposed to be implemented in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenya to increase involvement of youths in Agriculture through online and conventional training. Youths are recruited through social media like: Facebook, LinkedIn, Google plus, What App etc so as to equip them with necessary training, information and knowledge to prepare them for mechanize farming.
Through this project, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenya as a countries are expected to have more than enough agricultural produce. On completion of the training, each participant would have acquired knowledge in new and improved ways of farming, food production and products packaging. Youths as agent of change begin to export excess food production to oversea while connecting buyers through internet and social media. Our organisation Guildance Community Development Foundation shall make available our experts to assist young farmers to start their sustainable farm. Effort will be made to partner with banks in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda to provide fund so as to enable young farmers to commence commercial farming.
Working in Partnership/Collaboration
Guildance Community Development Foundation is going to collaborate with: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fishery,Local Non Governmental Organisations and commercial banks in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania.
Schedule and Milestones
This programme shall take place for period of 1 year. Milestone will be reproducible and adaptable to needs assessment.
- Identify major cities in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda where programmes will be conducted
- Obtain approval from Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Production and Fishery in the above countries.
- Do needs assessment and determine effective methods of communication
- Organize logistics: fund, transport, communication, contracts, materials etc
- Train 100 trainers to provide new farming methods training including education on sustainable farming.
- Secure commitment of 5 experts to discuss at seminar.
- Process evaluation.
- Create Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Twitter, WhatApp etc
- Training on how to write winning proposal
- Liase with commercial banks in Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda
- Establish referral collaborations between Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda youths and commercial banks
- Organize seminars for 500 youths in major cities in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenya
- Master trainers will deliver training to 500 youths online
- Conduct good monitoring and evaluation
- Administer knowledge/attitude/behaviour for post survey to 100 youths
- Procurement of New and improved seeds for the use of farmers