1001 Ways helps you to find out, how you can reach your career goal.
You start answering two key questions:
- What profession do you want to have in the future? That defines your GOAL
- What is your starting point right now? That defines your START
Now the 1001 ways uses a database and shows you possible ways to get from your starting point to your goal position.
You can type in your skills and interests and possible goals are suggested to you.
The information is collected on an open platform: People with all backgrounds can join and provide their career steps as a role model and add additional information to a particular career path:
- They can contribute as mentors,
- link tutorial and lecture videos,
- give advice which skills are needed,
- add a success story.
As a next step also companies could join and connect possible jobs and open positions to the career path.
You can collect information on
- how you reach your goal
- what skills you need
- who can help you and be your mentor
- which company has open positions on which path
- which alternatives you can choose to find your dream job if the first path did not work out for you. This can motivate you, when the first application was not as successful as expected.
- start getting prepared using the tutorial and lecture videos
The suggestion of alternative ways in reaching your goal motivates you to take decisions. You see at the same time: it´s not to late for a change. Even after having taken one decision you have plenty of opportunities left. So do not hesitate to start going.