A CALL TO MEN recognizes that the underlying causes of violence and discrimination against women are rooted in the ways women and girls have been traditionally viewed and treated in our society. We provide men and boys with tools, practical methods and strategies to understand this connection and how to positively address these social issues. We partner with schools, universities, corporations, government, social service agencies and communities to end all forms of violence and discrimination against women and girls. A CALL TO MEN invites men to join us and become the solution by creating a better world for our daughters, our sons, our sisters, our mothers and ultimately ourselves!
A CALL TO MEN Programs:
- Keynote Presentations, Training and Consultation for individuals or groups
- Training Institute
- Community Engagement Training Academy
- Consultation/Technical Support
- Adopt-A-City / Community Engagement Model
From their website, here are 5 things men can do to promote gender equality:
- Challenge other men when they say or do disrespectful things toward women and girls (like tell a sexist joke at the water cooler or only make eye contact with men when they are talking)
- Re-learn your history: Find out about powerful women who have shaped our society and teach your children and other youth about their contributions.
- Support women in society - see movies produced by women, read books written by women, buy art made by women.
- Ask women in your life about violence or disrespect that they have experienced and believe what they have to say.
- Speak out against gender discrimination and violence - and explain why it is offensive to you!
For more information, visit: http://www.acalltomen.org/