Thinking about all the research posts adn stories I've heard, I though that the solution would involve a change in perceptions and behaviors with those who will be grown-ups tomorrow, as they will be the ones making decisions. To create this conversation, I'm planning to create an online platform with two sections:
- the first would be to share drawings, poems, videos, stories, any type of media to describe the current situation and/or how tomorrow will be.
- The second section would be on making that transition; people would talk together through a chat, or even through video communication when possible, and discuss ways of moving from today to tomorrow. I believe that through this dialogue between people, we will be able to create a change.
Update May 12
I've kept trying to connect with NGOs to get them to post. I realize that this is very difficult. I am not sure what is the main problem. I'm exploring various solutions:
- sending a specific set of questions to answer;
- finding ways to provide computer access
- creating "ambassadors" / "buddies" ( 2 young people, a girl and a boy) working with NGOs who would be collaborating with me in developing content and conversations.
Friday, I'm meeting with my advisory teacher to discuss ways of involving more students in my school.
Update May 24
As explained in my prototyping timeline, I decided to concentrate on building a few strong relationship with a few individuals and organizations to start building a community and spurr a conversation.
I have now a few contributors:
I am now aiming to be able to develop a sustainable relationship so that the conversation between a few "ambassadors/ buddies" can start. I see them also as connectors. I've asked for example Pushpa if she could post a question at her university and share the results on the blog (Thanks Luisa for the suggestion!). Beatrice said that there are 2 girl beneficiaries (who are at the university and have access to the internet) who could be in charge of the conversation on the blog.
I met with my advisor Friday and she agreed to have me do a session at lunch, hopefully next week, where I will ask students to answer a question regarding gender equality, inspired by some of the conversation triggers I developed and Candy Chang' Before I die.
Thanks to Beatrice, I discovered World Pulse which is a platform that aims to create a dialogue between women in different countries. It's success is a great inspiration for me. I am going to look more at the design and structure as I try to design the next version of the platform. My advisor at school suggested I start a club to get other students to help me designing the new platform.