A NEW type of incubator where designers, entrepreneurs, and developers WITHOUT IDEAS could come together to discover what the INDUSTRY NEEDS and what the MARKET WANTS, so that they could develop SUCCESSFUL & PROFITABLE technology.
There is a
NEED for an
INCUBATOR that better tracks
MARKET NEEDS and
INDUSTRY TRENDS on the web with special focus on:
1. Web 2.0 value propositions (success & failure)
2. Distribution channel innovation
3. Innovation in advertising models
4. Innovation in digital business models
5. Development of crowd funding platforms (currently a totally fragmented market)
6. Timing / amount / type of Investment & correlation with success (or failure.)
Ultimately, this organization would function as an incubator where developers, designers, and business people WITHOUT pre-existing prejudices about what the market needs could develop TRULY MARKET ORIENTED PLATFORMS.....
A great article on the importance of product / market fit: http://startup-marketing.com/the-startup-pyramid/
This would be a web development incubator that focuses on CONSUMER BEHAVIOR and the entire web, instead of just individual product development. Also it would focus on funding through non-Venture Capital sources, such as boot-strapping, crowd funding, small loans, grants, etc. Hopefully this would help eliminate some of the speculative investing (and its sometimes destructive consequences) that goes on amongst tech VCs and Angels.