This project aims at providing sanitation to rural areas by creating awareness, facilitating financing, developing a sustainable and low cost toilet and building the toilets and bathrooms in every household of villages in India.
This will be achieved through a working partnership between Local NGOs, Micro Finance corporations, State Governments and Local CSR Corporate funding.
The project will have the following major activities:
- Setting up of Central Coordination Facility as an Independent SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle)
- All material will be centrally procured at Major cities in respective states
- Production Facilities will be setup in different parts of the state according to Demand
- There will be a combination of manufactured and bought out items
- Each Toilet will have a set bill of materials and will be shipped as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) set to each house site
- Production personnel will be trained at each facility by qualified engineers• Assembly technicians will be trained on assembly of toilets
- The production process will be initiated in a phased manner
Phase 1 (0-6 Weeks)
Setting up of Central Coordination Facility for design, planning, procurement, production engineering, finance & administration at Major port and or Transportation hub of the State
Phase 2 (6-14 Weeks)
Setting up of a pilot production facility in a block close to chosen city and train production personnel
We are ready to start the pilot run of the project. Once finance is in place we can set up a trial manufacturing unit and distribute and install 1000 toilets.
Phase 3 (14-18 Weeks)
Commence production, complete training of first batch of assembly technicians, initiate supply of CKD sets to villages and assemble toilets on site at the rate of 15 toilets a day from the first month.
Phase 4 (18 Weeks onwards)
Setup additional production facilities in District blocks according to demand with a maximum capacity of 1000 Sets per month per facility