The Declaration of facilitating good stoves (efficient biomass cook stoves) for one lakh people in urban areas is a new initiative. GEO and Llife-HRG in partnership are working on this mission. This project focuses mainly in the urban areas and two years is the time period. In the process of achieving the goal, the participating primary and secondary stakeholders are also equal partners in the mission.
There would be facilitation of both domestic and institutional stoves for the community needs.
Domestic stoves: Includes all kinds of people. One of the focus areas include people living in the slums.
Institutional / Community stoves: These stoves are meant for large scale cooking to serve more number of people. These stoves would serve:
· Open Houses
· Schools / colleges / universities / institutes / hostels
· Religious places
· Community centers (including marriage halls)
Facilitating good stoves has the following values:
· The quality of food cooked: Nutrient value (temperature at which food is prepared, etc.)
· Palatability of the food: taste / flavor / Cultural and traditional values.
· Environmental and (biomass is one of the best renewable sources of energy)
· Spiritual (fire, smoke, charcoal and ash)
Geoecology Energy Organisation [GEO] has designed 50 low cost efficient good stoves. Have facilitated stoves in parts of 10 states in India and has trained organizations in Bangladesh. http://e-geo.org | http://goodstove.com