All the signaling methods collected in this kit should be easy and cheap without relying on advanced technology to execute.
In order to make sure the kit can be used in any situation, the collected methods should indicate the condition(s) for best performance.
The contents of this first aid kit should be determined by the needs of individuals and family who are living in the hard-access-areas. Based on some proposed concepts in this challenge, some potential contents are listed below:
1. Magnesium flares with shooter (reference: Magnesium flares,by Sanjith Yeruva)
2. Smoke coding methods + different color smoke source+ lighter (reference: Firebow, by Simone Poli)
3. Gestural signal (reference: Signalling schools, by KarlSadler)
4. Homing Pigeon raising and training method + standard paper messages that can be used to send out some messages to the receiver (this is particularly important for someone who hasn’t received any education) (reference: Homing Pigeon Faster Than Broadband, by David Tang)
5. Beacon signal generation method + meanings of different signal patterns (reference: "ELEPHANT" - Beacon communication system using the ground as a medium, by Seiichi Okura)
6. Dog whistle (reference: “HOWL” - Beacon communication method using a dog whistle + Arduino, by Seiichi Okura)
The above list can be extended and modified based on the development of the concepts throughout this challenge. Different kinds of first aid kits, from basic to complex, can be designed for different purposes upon the needs and situations. E.g.
Pocket first aid kit (can be used by single female or kids): it should contain simple danger signalling method, like Dog whistle
Basic life support first aid kit (can be used by family): it should contain more advanced danger signalling methods and survival pack (Colalife)
Community first aid kit (can be used by community support center): it should contain the SAI tool
Arjan Tupan's Enabler Cards concept is a very good way to present the instructions of different contents in this first aid tool kit.