GIVING BACK: Rewards for individuals/ organisations for reducing, generating and storing renewable energy for other households
The idea is to give rewards to individuals and organisations in the form of:
1. Annual Awards for those who have helped to reduce, generate and store renewable energy the most within that year.
2. Project Funding for the few top winners who would like to develop their project further.
3. Incentives based on the amount of energy they have saved, generated or stored for others.
Currently there are plenty of green-building awards being organized all of the worlds, which keep architects, designers and developers thriving their best to ensure their building meet the green building criteria and to surpass the standards. In these awards there are only few key players involved, the architects, developers, contractors and building owners. How about individuals, students or small organization who want to take parts?
Green Mark Award's Key Features
This reward system is a great way to involve individuals and small organizations (such as local communities and schools) to not only establish green initiatives within their own environment (which is very limited), but to expand their work to reach and help others to save, generate and store renewable energy to the extend that they want.
This how it will work:
- Smart- energy meter will be used in all households and community’s building (schools, clinics, etc) in an area. It will record the current energy consumption, energy savings and generation after certain green effort has been applied and how much they have in their storage. This smart energy – meter summary will be openly shown in a platform of website and mobile app. Therefore, anybody can compare their result with other households and they can communicate to offer and ask for help.
- When somebody share her/his renewable energy to others (or help to build/ provide the technology), it will be registered on the app and acknowledged by the beneficiaries. The smart-energy meter will monitor the energy efficiency, generation and storage result throughout the year and update the summary every month.
- In the end of the year, the total energy saved by the beneficiaries will be shown in the app, which will also show how much money has the beneficiaries saved from it.
- Beneficiaries are to give 25% of the amount of money they have saved to GIVING BACK program. Those collected fund will be given back to the energy donators and award winners.
What community does this idea benefit and who are the main players?
The idea can benefit any community, around the world. The focus is to connect individuals and small organisation to help each other in collaborating to create sustainable environments beyond their owns. GIVING BACK program includes everybody with different motivations in creating sustainable environments. The environment savvy, the people and communities and small organisations who need to create their legacy, the entrepreneurs, designers and any individuals who would like to get simple payments from their efforts.
We can also involve big corporations in:
1. CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) departments to sponsor this initiative
2. Companies who produce green technology to sponsor a community to start this program.
How does your idea specifically help your community rapidly transition to renewables?
GIVING BACK program provides opportunities for everybody to start their own renewable energy initiatives and extend their individual efforts to others and rewarded for it.
What early, lightweight experiment can you try out in your own community to find out if the idea will meet your expectations?
The implementation could be started within a small community of approximately 50 participating households from different backgrounds and few community buildings such as schools, clinics and markets.
What skills, input or guidance are you keen to connect with from the OpenIDEO community to help you build out or refine your idea further?
To build this idea further, I would love the OpenIdeo community to help giving ideas and to develop developing the tools (smart-energy meter and the applications tied to it) and ideas or any suggestions on how to transfer stored energy in a simplest way possible.
Please indicate which type of energy is most relevant to this post:
A type of energy not listed