These stages exist in the context of general household management and daily home life (which is pretty hectic for us with two young kids and a burgeoning business). Within each of these stages there are a whole bunch of smaller jobs and tasks that I found really interesting to think about.
SORTING and STORING IN THE HOUSE
- identifying recycling items
- moving items from initial location to kitchen (the "staging area")
- preparing items for storage – cleaning, crushing, separating
- monitoring level of bins
- Removing items from inside storage bins or moving entire storage bin
- Sorting items into appropriate bins
- Further crushing, separating etc if necessary
- Kepping bin area tidy (trying to anyway ;-)
- Assigning task to self or partner
- Planning time in morning schedule on rubbish day
- Physically moving bins from yard to kerb
- Positioning bins at kerbside
- Moving empty bins back into yard after collection
What's your recycling journey? Where does it start? Where does it finish? What are the jobs you are trying to achieve as you go through the journey?