The ROVCO cup is a compostable sugar bagasse cup that is foldable.
Sugar-bagasse is a proven compostable and widely utilized material in the food-service industry. Sugarcane is an annually renewable resource, and using bagasse also avoids the pollution that would normally happen as a result of burning sugarcane pulp after juice extraction. In fact, one can already find a multitude of single use products made from such material.
The ROVCO cup innovation comes in with our proprietary folding design.
ROVCO cups are over 40% more space efficient than traditional stacked cups during packaging, storage and distribution. Once disposed off, ROVCO cups are 270% more space efficient that current single use cups.
How does space efficiency translate to environmental benefits?
- Shipping: More units per box equals less deliveries therefore reduced carbon footprint and cost.
- Storage: Store layouts and warehousing can both be minimized as large amounts of cups can be stored and disposed off in less area.
- Trash Disposal: More cups in each trash can, means less trash pickup routes and less trash bags.
- Economies of Scale: Being able to store more cups at a time, allows consumers and business to acquire cups at large purchase amounts reducing per unit costs.
- Compost facilities: More material to compost in every round and therefore more financial interest.
ROVCO Cups will be manufactured using standard molded pulp process with proprietary molds that induce the folds in the cup design. By using the molded pulp process, ROVCO Cups can be produced in already established facilities around the world in a cost and energy efficient way.