The purpose of this challenge is to come up with a more sustainable cup. While a recoverable fiber cup takes time, money, energy and space to be recovered. Compare to a simple idea such as "having customer bring their own cup" which one is more efficient?
Therefore, In order to reduce the usage of non-recoverable fiber cups. The way that I contribute is come up with a designed that encourage people to use self-brought cups.
The movement of "bring your own cups" is nothing new to the market. However, due to inconvenience, not much people developed the habit of bringing their own cups or thermal bottle to the shops. Therefore the concept of this project is to use the origami method to make collapsible tumbler that can create the following advantages
- Maintain brand identity like the to-go cup
- Better Aesthetic than the contractible cup on the market
- More convenient than the Thermal Bottle
- Economically efficient than the one-time cup
- Room for Creativity like the designed cup