ButterflyCup is the all-in-one disposable drinks cup that eliminates the need for plastic lids and straws.
ButterflyCup has multiple benefits for consumers, beverage retailers, food service providers and the environment (compared to the current disposable cup offerings) including it:
- eliminates plastic lids and straws
- is easy to use
- prevents splashes, leaks and drips
- is cost competitive
- is 100% compostable and recyclable
- reduces the number of stock items
- reduces counter and storage space requirements
- reduces transport volumes
- speeds the serving process
- is environmentally friendly - bio-based, ethically sourced & plastic-free
The ButterflyCup business model is to licence to reputable cup manufacturers globally. To date we have three manufacturer licensees in China, Indonesia and South Korea. Market reaction is extremely positive with sales in several countries across four continents and a strong sales development pipeline.
ButterflyCup operates a 'continuous improvement' philosophy and recently filed an additional patent application for a significant design improvement (not yet disclosed) that further increases the structural strength, functionality, cost competitiveness and performance of ButterflyCup.
The ButterflyCup design can be adapted for (1) viscous food products such as soup or noodles, (2) solid food items such as fries or popcorn and (3) as a re-usable drinks container.