Sessions are tailored to the users' needs, abilities and location. Group sessions are organized in residential care facilities, senior clubs and community centers. Individual sessions are held at home to enable seniors to stay home as long as possible instead of going to retirement home. Siel Bleu also provides training to carers - both health professionals and parents.
In order to ensure service accessibility to the most vulnerable populations, Siel Bleu created the social business "GPS Santé" which provides APA sessions to corporate employees to prevent workplace accidents and injury from happening. The profits taken from this activity are used to sustain the nonprofit activity of Siel Bleu for the elderly people.
Several programs have been developed to address various needs. Below are a few examples:
- Chair Gymnastics
- Maintain and improve physical ability to facilitate everyday movements
- Improve fine motor movements
- Stimulate cognition, verbal abilities and memory
- Stimulate social abilities in group setting
- Stimulate balance and motor skills
- Increase confidence and awareness for surroundings
- Activate protective reflexes in case of fall
- Maintain autonomy, relationships and body awareness
- Prevent disorientation and personality disorder
- Stimulate memory, sensory and communicational engagement
Siel Bleu have activities in France ( www.sielbleu.org, in French only), in Ireland ( www.sielbleu.ie), in Belgium and in Spain.