Electronic immunization register
Improving immunization data quality and availability through use of integrated electronic systems.
Describe what you intend to do and how you'll do it in one to two sentences (required 350 Characters)
This is an application that can be stored in a mobile or computer. The app allows a health care provider to give a unique identifier to an infant; this help to track the immunization coverage (defaulters and drop out children). It maintains the quality of data as it can be used in offline/online mode.
Explain the innovation (2,500 characters)
Vaccimap solve the following problem.
• Lack of unique identifiers for infants.
• Uncertain and incorrect denominator.
• Poor data visibility.
• Complexity of data collection forms.
The direct beneficiaries are children under five years of age who are eligible for immunization. Indirect beneficiaries are health workers, nutritionist, parents and decision makers.
The app provides complete, timely and accurate data that will help decision makers in decision making.
The app allow user to record child’s age, weight and height. It categorizes the weight and height according to the age of the child. This help in getting the malnutrition information that will help the nutritionist in providing the nutrition counselling.
The app records vaccination history that is given to any registered child. It also provides alert for the overdue vaccine schedule. This help the health workers and parents/mothers to know the exact vaccine that has been provided to the child.
Vaccimap is the solution towards reaching every child. Every eligible child to immunization will be mapped and tracked so as to increase the immunization coverage and reduce the number of defaulters and dropout children. Vaccimap leaves no child behind.
How it works
The innovation works in android version 4.1 and above. It also works in windows 10. It works offline and online. During offline mode all actions are allowed including registration of the children and recording the sessions. Online mode is mostly needed when tracking or searching children location.
The app requires a username and password so as to have access to the contents.
Application of Vaccimap to the challenges of accelerating immunization efficiencies within highly urban populations.
• Inaccurate drop out due to high mobility. Vaccimap will reduce high number dropout by tracking them by their places and vaccine which have not completed.
• Poor timeliness and completeness of reporting. Vaccimap allow users to store data and generate complete and timely reports. Examples of reports that are available in Vaccimap includes coverage report, immunized children report, defaulters report and dropout report.
• Children of mobile families fall behind the schedule. Vaccimap allows a caregiver/mother to track nearby facilities so as to get vaccine.
• Insufficient number of healthcare workers. Vaccimap is fast and easy to register a child. one healthcare worker can serve hundreds of children in a day.
Which part(s) of the world does this innovation target?
This innovation target three regions in Tanzania country which are among highly urbanised regions with low vaccination coverage. These regions are Mwanza, Geita and Simiyu
Who will work alongside your organization in the project idea? (1,000 characters)
This project involves the following stakeholders.
• Community. Participatory approach with the community towards immunization and vaccine development is important. The community is the first client therefore there is need to participate and collaborate effectively with the community
• Government. The organization will collaborate with the ministry of health in Tanzania in supporting and ensuring the effectiveness of the program
• Mobile network service providers. This will help in assisting the mapping and tracking of the targeted population through the use of phone numbers.
• Other non-government organization. Different ideas are still needed in developing the program. Therefore, the organization will work hand to hand with other non-governmental organization so as to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the innovation.
How is your idea unique? (750 characters)
The uniqueness of the idea is that it allows user to track the location of immunized, defaulter and drop out children. It is fast and enables user to record, store and search data easily without lagging. Our organization has several experts on immunization and child health. They will help in developing more features so as to ensure the system cover all areas in immunization and vaccine development.
What is the name of your organization
RONDO WOMEN'S DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION
Explain your organization (250 characters)
Rondo Women’s Development Organization (ROWODO) is an NGO that is legally registered in Tanzania with registration number 00006923. Our vision is to have a society that is free from poverty and diseases.
Type of Submitter
We are a registered NGO or Non-Profit Organization
Women’s health/rights focused organization
Organization Location (less than 250 Characters)
The organisation main branch is located in Lindi region in Tanzania. Other branch is located at Tandahimba in Mtwara region.
Size of organization (number of employees):
Scale of organizational work
National (expansive reach within one country)