At OpenIDEO Collaboratories we:
1 come together socialise & collaborate on OpenIDEO concepts
2 dev skills & knowledge to be more effective social innovators & entrepreneurs
3 dev collaborative partnerships
4 collectively address issues that matter
The OpenIDEO Collaboratory is modelled on the
Collaboratory Melbourne currently being prototyped in Melbourne, Australia.
The big picture vision for the Collaboratory is to create a platform for participatory collective action on the issues that matter most through social enterprise and social innovation. It was inspired in part by the OpenIDEO platfrom.
Initially, the OpenIDEO Collaboratory:
- could partner with the global Hub Network and set up in a few key cities or towns globally - say Melbourne, San Francisco, London and Madrid
- would use the meetup.com platform to bring together like minded community members keen to make their home town a better place for monthly meetups to inspire and grow awareness about what's possible in tackling today's wicked problems and develop concepts
- annually would host a program developed and delivered by OpenIDEO/IDEO staff on process to develop concepts
- would host monthly skillshares to develop skills needed for a successful social/community enterprise and bring together people outside the core project team
- would have ambassadors/stewards to build relationships with key stakeholders in the community and partnerships with local government and socially oriented businesses
- come together weekly for the core team to work on projects submitted
- run quarterly weekend events – similar to Global Service Jams or IDEO Make-a-thons - to collaboratively work together on concepts that are submitted.