Take the winning concepts to realization. OpenIDEO Matchmaking Night is where action begins!
After the announcement of winning concepts of a challenge, the OpenIDEO Matchmaking Night will serve as an kick-off even to the realization phase. This can be organized locally in various cities by OpenIDEO Local Chapter (http://bit.ly/nGkaze) / OpenIDEO Ambassadors (http://bit.ly/prs8N7) / Challenge sponsors, etc.
The event can start off with a "Pecha Kucha" style 3min presentation of the winning concepts by OpenIDEO Ambassadors, with an audience of individuals / entrepreneurs and potential sponsors, they could then sign up to interested concepts, or go over and mingle in a music and fun-filled environment! With a pool of interested sponsors and individuals around the globe in different cities signed up, something magical is bound to happen evolving around specific winning concepts. Let the matchmaking begins!
- Introduce OpenIDEO to wider population in various local cities
- Provide opportunities for OpenIDEATORS to connect in person (
will come in really handy here!)
- Raise interest / awareness to potential financial sponsors to provide funding to implementation of the concepts.
- Match-make interested individuals / social entrepreneurs to concepts - individuals can sign up to be the project team member to implement a concept that he/she feels strongly about and has the required skill set to make it happen (
What’s you talent
? can be applied virtually or physically at the event).
- Match-make interested sponsoring organization to concepts
- Using the format of PechaKucha, present each winning concepts withing 3 min to the audience in a casual setting with drinks and snacks
- Volunteers to sign up for project team to implement concepts according to their interest and skill sets
- Sponsoring organizations to pledge to financially suport the project team to implement concept(s) they support
- A fun social event to meet people!
- OpenIDEO Ambassadors to follow up with interested sponsoring organizations
- OpenIDEO Ambassadors to kick start project teams to start the implementation phase
Similar events can be also organized in universities and education institutions which would be a perfect introduction and promoting tool to attract students to sign for
INTERNSHIP for IMPACT