OpenIDEO Ambassadors is a unique groups of individual and /or institutions that are deeply committed to making social impact. The Ambassadors will help to 1) build awareness about OpenIDEO in order to further expand and deepen its reach and impact; 2) Increase participation in the challenges, and 3) help foster local-community based relationships between OpenIDEATORs.
Types of Ambassadors
• Individual Ambassadors
• School Ambassadors (colleges, high schools)
• Corporate Ambassadors (e.g. big corporations that are socially conscious - (e.g. Nike)
• Government, NGO Ambassadors (e.g. Oxfam)
• Regional Ambassadors with regional/culture knowledge (Southeast Asia, China, etc)
and / or specific language skills (Spanish, Chinese, etc)
Role of Ambassadors
• Recruit new members - actively promote and share with their network about what OpenIDEO does and its contribution of making social impact. Encourage people to participate or introduce OpenIDEO to potential challenge sponsors.
• Connect new members with the community. By introducing OpenIDEO newbies to various functions and ways to contribute, Ambassadors help welcome and inform our newest members.
• Organize events. Organize OpenIDEO Tweetups and OpenSTORMs (see Anjelika Deogirikar's Local OpenIDEO Chapters )
• Share OpenIDEO tips. There can be an Ambassador page where they can share knowledge about the community, any local OpenIDEO communities, regional specific social events.
• Participate actively. Ambassadors are regular contributors to the OpenIDEO challenges, who have a lot of knowledge and experience to share.
• Annual Ambassadors meet up
• Pride and Honor: Ambassador Badge on OpenIDEO profile
• Ambassador points - points can be used to exchange for OpenIDEO goodies (this need to be further determined and brainstormed)
How would the status be earned
• DQ points
• Community Vote
• Contribution to the community evaluated by the OpenIDEO team