Involved vs. Committed
How to identify those who are most likely to commit to a donation after registration? What about asking questions during registration which can tap into explicit/hidden fears that the person who registers might have? Use a mechanism to identify patterns and higher likelihood for donation- i.e. John Chen, a donor, is a perfect match, but has 45% likelihood to donate. Do we still want to contact John?
Possible list of question that could be added to the registration form:
- are you scared of complete anesthesia?
- are you scared that you might be absent from work for a day or two?
- are you scared of complications in case of surgery?
- are you scared of possible infections during surgery?
- have you stayed in a hospital before? have you undergone complete anesthesia?
- do you want to meet/have a call with the patient or a family member of the patient before you make a final decision?
Discovering implicit fears/untold emotions might be of help to find out the ones who ahve a higher probability to donate after they register.