- when handled with care, will last 15 years or more;
- has no moving part in it to go wrong;
- needs very little maintenance;
- entails no running cost;
- Highly versatile and easily transportable; and
- is environment friendly.
- The solar cooker can be used both in the rural and urban areas;
- In the rural sector it saves village women from having to trudge for miles in search of scraps of firewood and spending their lifetime in smoke-filled kitchens;
- In the urban sector it saves energy on kerosene and LPG and makes cooking easy.
There are problems with using these in small houses - as they need sun light (obviously). Therefore, could this be a business opportunity for people cooking communal areas?