Land-banking to promote equitable ownership opportunities and sustainable polycultures
With #openstormSF we brainstormed inspirations that relate to responsible and equitable agricultural land-use. Focused primarily on coffee as the dominant monoculture, we asked what opportunities may exist for realigning under-yielding coffee plantations towards more resilient and diversified polycultures...
- Acumen Fund and Grameen Foundation Invest in Agricultural Microfinance Company Juhudi Kilimo Company Limited
- Evaluate market for coffee in local communities
- Oceanspray “Craisins” One man’s waste is another man’s treasure... discovering viable solutions for waste or surplus byproducts.
- Explore how TCHO Chocolate provides transparency between consumers and farmers
- Landbanking/Land Consolidation: evaluate examples of landbanking as an instrument for empowering communities and promoting sustainable agricultural practices
- Study Economics Intelligence Unit (EIU) country report to understand the relationship of coffee production to other commodities both imported & exported.