"Together we live better" is a brand that will bring awareness, education and first aid medicines to Caldas' families when and where they need it.
It is comprised of four interconnected social businesses to provide population reach but also business focus.
"Together we live better" is comprised of four interconnected social businesses to provide population reach but also business focus (see picture for illustration):
- Health Kit Display (Las medicinas de la abuela): accesible medicines for all sold at local retailers. (See pictures for illustration)
- Peer to peer health education program (Amigas de la salud): health learning network for women.
- Health SMS-Texting (Mensajitos saludables): text health tips for women and young families.
- Radio/TV health mini-programs (Juntos vivimos mejor): health tips for women
and young families.
1. Health Kit Display (Las medicinas de la abuela)
- Target consumer: low income families looking for effective and unexpensive medicines.
- It is located at established retailers (shops, farmers markets, mini restaurants, pharmacies) providing reach.
- The assortment is defined by health professionals assuring impact (focus on diarrhea, flu/neumonia, pregnancy and new born care, sexual and reproductive illnesses)
- Product bought from wholesalers and producers using "non-for-profit" tax status to reduce cost. "Medicine bank" could be an attractive option too to collect donations. This will assure low cost.
- Product sold at cost driving consumption.
- Financial surplus for investment coming from sponsorships for the in store
- display. The sponsorhip could be a visual or location of a product within the display after approval of health professionals.
2. Peer to peer health education program (Amigas de la salud)
- Target group: young women at reproductive age.
- Content: aims to develop a learning newtork on sexual, reproductive, pregnancy and new born health AND promotes other three initiatives.
- Deliver at public school, public church or municipality
- Income: supported by the other three initiatives.
3. SMS-Texting (Mensajitos saludables)
- Target group: woman and new families
- Income: cost cover by user, surplus generated by telecom sponsorships
- Cost reduction: non-for-profit tax reduction, use of open platforms
- Content: education program created to prevent sexual, reproductive, pregnancy and new born illnesses, sales promo of Health Kit and promo of sponsors.
4. Radio/TV health mini-programs (Juntos vivimos mejor)
- Income: sponsorhips on exchange of promotion of products, services and/or brands.
- Cost reduction: not tax due to "non-for-profit status", discount for CSR practice (many channels have spots available for good causes)
- Content: education program created to prevent sexual, reproductive, pregnancy and new born illnesses.
- Target audience: woman and new families
- Promotes other 3 initiatives.