- It could provide business opportunities for Caldas residents (women especially)
- The kits could be distributed throughout the community - this could be especially fun for kids
- The mushrooms provide a valuable protein source
- Coffee pulp that has been used as a food source for mushrooms is suitable for livestock feed - we should try to recover pulp after it has been harvested
- Convincing locals to pay for mushroom growing kits (or mushrooms).
- Convincing farmers that this is a better use for their pulp than fertilizer (according to Grameen, this is how pulp in Caldas is commonly used)
- This may be better if mushrooms are grown and harvested by those who prepare the pulp
I would love to hear your thoughts.
Back to the Roots
Growing Mushrooms on Coffee Pulp
Also, thanks to Simon for the Back to the Roots tip!