The people of Caldas are the ones who are going to come up with the innovative ideas to solve their issues. Being able to give them the financial structure to give them to opportunity to do so is the most important issue.
- Provide running clean water for the housing
- Use a combination of energy supplies including biogas, solar energy, wind and power
-Micro finance towards women
- Micro savings accounts for a period of 6 weeks would be set up initially and then as trust in the bank grows then a micro loan can be implemented for around 10 years
- Micro loans given according to the savings of the families
- Focused on mothers and children
- Giving people better housing enriches the community and people are less likely to contract disease
-The houses will be supplied by biogas from a bioreactor providing a clean renewable source of energy
-Requires labour to build houses therefore providing jobs for people
-Safe housing creates a better community base for projects
-Decreases the harmful effects of asbestos
Community based project
Providing a community based farming project to educate people about nutrition and give them capabilities to grow food themselves
-Biogas slurry will provide compost for community based farms.
- Creating biogas plants and renewable source energy will require people learning new skills and even creating more jobs.
-Creating carbon monoliths to absorb methane for the biogas reactors can be sourced from coffee husks
- Activated carbon can be a new industry to produce water filters.