University education is expensive, and many students are unable to attend brick-and-mortar universities and therefore decide to take their degrees online. However online course offerings are often limited in comparison to in-person education, yet costs are often relatively comparable. These students have time constraints due to work, family responsibilities etc, therefore universities with similar course offerings across disciplines would partner to create an online-based education cloud platform called EduPass. The selected courses of each participating university are offered per semester or term in the form of a national or international marketplace. Students then use EduPass to book and take courses, and the program will be designed to cater the financial, time-constraints, and location needs of these particular students. The purpose is to provide the most diverse, wholesome, affordable and humanized online education experience possible.
The benefits are:
1. students will find a larger scope and diverse course offerings that spark their interest, allowing for him or her to cater their own experience and create a personalized education.
2. by having more course variety to choose from, it increases the chances of the student finding classes that also fits their schedules due to time-constraints.
3. an inherent cost reduction per course booked, as the degree education is paid across multiple universities, rather than only just one. a subscription-based model charging one standard fee for all participants, or class bundles can decrease overall fees in the chosen area of study rather than a pay-per-class model.
4. allows for the student to take courses within their own timeframe and schedule, therefore completing their education at their own pace.
5. the student will graduate with a more wholesome and higher quality education overall.
6. the student is able to take courses across national, or international institutions as the platform grows rather than limiting to what is offered in their home state. likewise, universities are able to cater students living in other places.
7. allows for students to connect with others alike using the platform, creating a more humanized and much closer to an in-person college experience vs. current online degree platforms. this may include peer-to-peer study groups, forums, clubs, etc, independently of where the student lives.
8. universities can select the online courses to participate in this program, while charging the current rates in the regular online offerings that are not part of EduPass. so this is sustainable for universities in the long-run as they decide which courses to open in this platform.
9. courses can be created and designed specifically for the EduPass platform, + some free courses and special/guest lectures.
10. as student receives a single joint university degree from several participating institutions, therefore amplifying job offer opportunities after graduation.