So you are among the ones who get goosebumps by listening to the word ‘Assignment’. No worries, you are not the only one. Most of the students are sailing in the same boat Assignment writing often brings those lines on the head of many students.
There is no rule of thumb to writing a perfect assignment. But following some effective tips can make your journey to assignment writing fun and highly rewarding. Let us discuss few tips to ease up your task of writing assignment.
1. Go through the assignment guidelines – Read the instructions provided by the college thoroughly. Identify your topic and what your professor expects you to do.
2. Check the deadline – To avoid unwanted surprises, check the deadline twice so that you can decide the pace of work.
3. Time management – You have to devote enough time to the assignment every day, which may disturb your schedule. Manage your time so that both your personal and college life are balanced.
4. Read the topic carefully – Go through the topic to get an insight into what you are supposed to do and in which direction you have to proceed.
5. Discuss with your professor – Do not hesitate if you have any doubts related to the assignment. Fix a meeting with your professor and clear all the doubts.
6. Break it into manageable chunks – You can’t manage the whole task in one go. Divide the task into small parts to be able to prioritize the work.
7. Find the sources – Based on the topic and its requirement, look for the relevant and reliable sources for research. It can be a library, article, internet, etc.
8. Do the research – Conduct thorough research on the topic and identify the main concepts and keywords.
9. Note down the points – Take note of the important points along with the source name, page number and the author.
10. Prepare the outline – Based on the research, plan the structure of your assignment.
11. Get ready with the arguments – Give your ideas a direction and organize them into meaningful arguments.
12. Remember to use the right tone for writing – Always remember to use formal tone for academic assignment writing.
13. Get over writer’s block – Try diverting your mind if you are not able to write anymore. Go through the research again to get ideas.
14. Write the body first – Fill in the body part with the question and the arguments.
15. Include examples and figures – Give examples complete with figures and tables wherever necessary.
16. Draft introduction – Start writing the introduction when you are absolutely well-versed with the whole idea.
17. Write the conclusion – In the end, summarize your findings and try to leave an impression on the reader. Do not add anything new at this point of time.
18. Give yourself some time – Give yourself a break to freshen up your mind. You need to come out of the same thoughts and also think from different perspectives.
19. Revise – Go through the whole assignment once again to look for spelling and grammar mistakes. Reading aloud will help you find mistakes better.
20. Edit and proofread – Check out for correct sentence structure, double meaning works, punctuation and other mistakes and make the necessary changes.
21. Cite sources – To save your precious work from plagiarism, you must always cite the sources for blocks and quotes you have used in your assignment.
About the author: The author has excellent academic writing skills and uses it in association with Global Assignment Help Australia. She also helps students with their assignment writing task to help them complete it on time.