A cost effective solution for higher learning which will increase access to higher education among economically disadvantaged students.
This is the way of using online learning content (MOOCs materials) to bring innovative solution which increase access to college among low income students.
Setting up learning centers which recognized by Government as academic institution which will offer undergraduate degrees in different programs.
- Setting administrative structure similar to traditional college with few staff including academic expats and e-learning specialists(e-learning facilitators) which will helps with learning methodologies.
- Equip each student with learning tools such as PC, books, Internet connection, Lab simulation tools, lab equipment tools, and setting up discussion forum within the learning centers and creating meetups groups beyond learning centers, for fostering learning collaboration in order to bring about social dimensions similar to brick and mortar colleges.
- Partnering with MOOCs providers: This is to say forming a partnership with education technology companies like Coursera, edx, Udacity etc. for courses provision in the form agreement between two parties i.e our learning centers and education technology companies.
- Language learning program: This is way of teaching language of instruction prior for student could join college program because most courses are taught in English for case of students where by English language is their second language.
- Partnering with local employers(companies and organizations) for offering internship to students after course completion.
- Getting certified or approval from government accreditation boards for college equivalency relevant to local or top tier universities.
- Bringing up course instructors and university curriculum developers to design course equivalent to 3- 4 years college degree program.
- Last but certainly not least setting up course duration, and building a sustainable business model around solution or search for donors to push forward the project because this sound like non-profit kind of business.