I started a series of interviews with people for whom healthy is a lifestyle and discussed with them about how they've managed to adopt healthy habits, and live better lives.
There are lots of lessons learned from this interview with Lee Ann Pughe - she's a full time working mom, she's one of the most performing employees at VEGA and she's always on top of her health by being active and getting involved into running or snowboarding.
Understanding how to balance all aspects of our lives is extremely important in living a healthy life. Here are some key take-aways from the interview:
- Healthy is more than just what you put into your body. Healthy is how you live your life.
- Make time for yourself. Look at yourself from the inside out. Being a full-time working mom, doesn't mean you don't have to take care of yourself.
- Allow yourself time to meditate. Investing time to be with yourself is important for personal reflection and growth.
- Exercise and be outdoors. Find an activity that you love and which helps you connect to yourself, and which revitalize your whole body.
- Set (and celebrate) goals for your health/activity level, personal responsibility and education.
- Don’t just look at yourself on the exterior; look at yourself on the inside too. People who don’t spend time looking inward or addressing mental and emotional health are cheating themselves of living the rich juicy lives they deserve.
I hope this story can be an inspiration for everyone in designing a healthy living.