You can be grateful for the past, present or future. You can be grateful for a person, place or thing.
When it comes to gratitude at work, it is most important for people to express gratitude for the people around them. It is vital for coworkers to recognize one actively one another for a few reasons...
1. Not feeling appreciated is the #1 reason people leave their job. (Gallup '14)
2. Peers are the #1 driver of employees going the extra mile, more so than bosses, pay or benefits.
Conscious leaders need to build a company culture that embraces performance-based, peer to peer recognition if they want to thrive.
Rather than introducing new ideas, systems and games...let's tweak an existing tradition that Fortune 500 companies and startups around the globe already have in place.
Replace boring tenure rewards (1, 5, 10 years of employment) and employee gifts with a meaningful, collaborative video montage of their peers telling them why they appreciate them.
We created a platform that makes it easy for employees to create a video montage of people sharing their gratitude for a coworker they want to celebrate. Our collaborative video technology makes it easy to invite friends, collect videos and compile the final video. To date, 80% of Tribute recipients have reported crying “Tears of Joy.” Seriously, that is an actual statistic we track!
How it works:
1. HR reps work with a Tribute concierge to set each of their employees up for a Tribute on the desired work anniversary, life event or birthday.
2. The Tribute concierge sets up an automated Tribute campaign that invites the employees' co-workers to submit a video before the specified date.
3. Once the videos are in, The Tribute concierge will compile the videos and send the final video back to the company for delivery.
(For the record: we are not against traditional gifts (gift cards, trophies etc.) we just feel there is a massive opportunity to accompany them with something more meaningful.)