Other Ideas for workplace gratitude
- Reminders/thank you notes posted around the workplace
- Weekly email with thank you’s and shout outs for the employees
- Celebration once a month thanking employees and stand out employees
- Look into the psych of gratitude: it is currently an expanding field or research and study; for example, research shows that even saying “thank you” increases happiness in a person
- Thanking people who never get thanked
- Providing more opportunities for gratitude like appreciation platform, office journal, etc.
- Having someone in charge of gratitude, mediating conflicts, reminding to show gratitude.
- Having a way for the leaders to keep track of specific things to thank the employees (more specific thank yous are better) eg. Gratitude journal
- Tools to increase gratitude like “YouEarnedIt” using a point and reward system.
- Reward, recognition, and excitementà having fun and casual settings sometimes, even for some meetings, can help. Perhaps having an architecture of a workplace that is more creative, brighter, happier, and more friendly.