As a century-old advertising and marketing communications agency handling global brands, we at McCann Worldgroup are used to "playbooks"--compilations of strategies, tactics, techniques, and tools that we develop with and for our clients to help them communicate better, engage their consumers, and grow their brands.
If we can create playbooks for communications and brand-building, why not create a Gratitude Playbook that will crowdsource and compile all sorts of strategies, tactics, techniques, and tools to spark and cultivate a culture of gratitude in organizations?
We can start within the McCann Worldgroup network (composed of over 23,000 people in over 120 countries worldwide), and even pitch ideas to our clients (which represent some of the biggest brands in the world!)
Here's an initial idea of how we can develop it:
- We will tap an office (starting in the Philippines), or a number of offices in the McCann Worldgroup network (APAC) and run a series of Gratitude Experiments, in partnership with our HR teams
- Which Gratitude exercises and activities resonate? What are the dynamics and nuances that affect building gratitude? Can we spread gratitude? What stunts its growth?
- With the same discipline that we use in developing strategies and playbooks for our client brands, we will take what we've learned in these Gratitude Experiments and develop a Gratitude Playbook. The Gratitude Playbook is meant to be a living, evolving document--a growing toolkit, if you will--that different offices from around the world can "adopt and adapt" according to their own needs and cultures. It recognizes the nuances between cultures and organizational setups and allows for fluidity, flexibility, and, of course, creativity
Here's how we can roll it out:
- Get Gratitude Technique ideas from the McCann Worldgroup network
- Plan out the ideas and execute
- Document! (Live blog? Through our social media channels?)
- Gather data on Gratitude Experiments' effect on productivity, employee engagement and happiness, client servicing, attrition rates, etc.
- Collect stories, tactics, into a playbook!
- Share and pass on within the McCann Worldgroup network
- Pitch and share with our own clients--either for their internal organizations or for their brand campaigns