The idea is to spark the feeling of gratitude trough random acts of kindness, unrelated to daily job tasks. By using books as catalyst to connect people at work, we propose starting a chain acts of kindness.
By leaving books in key areas of the workplace, people who pass by can pick them up and encounter a personal note inviting them to:
1) Read the book and leave it for someone else to read afterwards. Or, read the book and give it to someone specific as a way to share the movement.
2) Along with the personal note, we propose adding a way for people to commit acts of kindness right away. We believe that when he/she reads the personal note and experiences the feeling of surprise and gratitude, in this moment they will be more likely to want to carry out their own gratitude initiatives.
- The book is a gratitude tool.
- If you find a book, you will be able to grab it, take it home and read it.
- But first, that same day you will need to share a gratitude gesture with somebody using the stickers inside the book.
- Once you finish the book, you need to return it to the institution. You can choose from:
- Leaving the book with the note in a random place.
- Or leaving the book in a designated return box.