In my "Design Thinking in (for) Higher Education" course this semester at Mills College we spent a little time familiarizing ourselves with existing examples of innovation in higher education. Here are a few of the things students reported on:
- "Learning by Contract" at New College of Florida
- Evergreen State College contracts and clusters
- Hampshire College
- Howard S. Becker's "modest proposal"
- Bard's early college
- Flipped classrooms
- Open Educational Resources
- Problem-Based Learning at Maastricht
- The Block Plan at Colorado College
- Degree Qualification Profiles (see also Lumina Foundation)
- The Bologna Process
- St. John's College
This is just a brief list - there are more out there - but a good reminder to look at some the interesting things people have been doing for a while.