Mik ("to go" in bribrí) is a CareerLab where high school students collaborate with teachers, college students, and topic mentors in order to generate solutions to the things they're passionate about. Passion turns into diligence, so committed students are more likely to pursue excellence and be proactive in their career paths.
This vocational lab focuses on building confidence and a sense of purpose, thus enhancing the leadership and empathy skills in students. In Mik, they'll engage in multidisciplinary teams and create solutions to the challenges that move them, thus harnessing their creativity and skillsets into generating value and owning up to a particular role, not a job description.
Most of all, we want students to look back on their professional paths and say: "It was love at first project". Hence, students map their "dream career" based on values, causes and work cultures that resonate with them.
A solution-based, innovation-driven space, Mik is founded on three pillars: multidisciplinary teams, multigenerational collaboration, and human-centered design. Through the cooperation with college students and topic mentors, they'll learn about the complexity and richness of a particular field, but it is through first-hand experience that they enhance their creative problem-solving and problem-finding skills.
Among other things, students in Mik will:
- Learn and apply human-centered design
- Test their ideas
- Gain digital and leadership skills
- Learn healthy habits to work collaboratively
- Prioritize the human need over the financial or technological resources available
- Consult with field experts to refine their ideas
- Learn to create a strategic outline of their project
- Defy career stereotypes and help universities step up their game
- Be part of a vision that transcends borders
Don't miss our pitch deck!