The Fact: Every year, various countries throw away one-third of all the food they produce i.e. more than a billion pounds of food. Moreover, grocery stores are responsible for tossing 10% of that food.
Causes for wastage: Expectation of cosmetic perfection, overstocked product displays, sell-by dates to name a few.
Impoverished households, orphanages, NGOs/micro-communities that serve them to get the required supply of food.
Kirana stores, local-meat shops and hypermarkets to un-waste excess food.
1. Local-meat shops, Kirana stores and hypermarkets register on BountyFEED app as 'Benefactor'.
2. Local communities, volunteering groups and hypermarkets register as 'Beneficiary'.
3. The beneficiaries estimate the approx demand as a global metric i.e. Kgs/lbs categorically as Fruits/Vegetables/Staples/Meat with efficient sub-categories, including the vegetarian/non-vegetarian preference.
4. The benefactors estimate the daily wastage/expired goods as a global metric that also be categorized into Fruits/Vegetables/Staples/Meat in Kgs/lbs.
5. With both demand and supply in place, BountyFEED would act as the fulfilling mechanism.
6. This fulfillment process can be carried out further by delivering the allocated resources with same-day-delivery concept by BountyBoys(delivery partners) or self-arranged.
7. The request can be considered closed when the beneficiaries marks the goods as delivered on the platform, the benefactors can be awarded BOUNTY for delivering food and ultimately Happiness! This step is necessary for marking the feed as edible and relevant ratings mechanism.
8. The quality of produce can be rated by the beneficiaries and shared over FB, twitter channels.
a.Easy web/mobile first solution to carry out the entire gamut.
b.Demand and supply can be easily mapped with easy and instant on-boarding.
c.Studies suggest that more food is wasted at consumer level than retailer level, could be a great opportunity for scaling up and crowd-sourcing benefits.
d.Retailers/Wholesalers can estimate and approximate the wastage using analytics.
e.Analytics can also help communities to plan and deliver the needed commodities at larger scale with ease.
f.Helps sellers to utilize even the produce that is considered unfit for retail purposes.
g.Bounty points can be gamified to a better social presence, a greater positive impact and many more quantifiable metrics
h.A better social presence would motivate corporations to contribute more and waste less
BountyFEED: Un-Waste Goodness
A community for, by and of the people where "The world is one family" i.e.